Arriving at the 5K...
What time should I arrive?
- We ask coaches to arrive at 6:00 am, GOTR/H&S participants at 6:30 am and community runners between 6:30 am-7:00 am.
Why do I need to arrive so early?
- Most of the fun activities happen before the 5K which begins at 8 am. Click HERE (coming soon) to see a timeline of events. Also, there will be over 5,000 people coming to the 5K. Arriving early will make for a more enjoyable and relaxing morning.
How should I get there and where should I park?
- Please click HERE to view parking locations, parking instructions and driving directions.
When will the shuttles run?
- Shuttles will begin at 5:30 am. The last shuttle will leave the off-site parking lot at 7:30 am to allow for road closures. PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY. Shuttles will begin again at 9:00 am and end at 12:00 pm.
- Click HERE to see a map of the shuttle route.
Can I drop off/pick up my runner at the park?
- No. Parents are responsible for their runner for the entirety of the event and there is no drop-off or pick-up area in the park.
- If you are dropping off a group of people, you may do so by the shuttle stop at 750 University Ave, Los Gatos. See the map of the SHUTTLE ROUTE for the location.
Can I bike to the 5K?
- You can bike and there will be a bike rack near the finish line area to lock you bike. This area WILL NOT be monitored by Girls on the Run.
What do I need to bring with me to the 5K?
- Bring your sunny smile and great GOTR/H&S attitude! 5K day is hectic and requires patience. Don't forget your bib, safety pins, running shoes and a few light layers. It is usually chilly in the morning.
- We will have GOTR merchadise available. We accept cash, check or credit card.
Is there a place to check my belongings before the start of the 5K?
- No. We do not offer a bag check service. Please leave your valuables at home or carry them with you.
Where and when can I pick up my bib?
- There are 2 ways to get your bib:
- Thursday, May 18th, 12:00 pm-8:00 pm: Sports Basement (CAMPBELL Location), 1875 S. Bascom Ave, Campbell, CA
- Saturday, May 20th, 6:00 am-7:30 am: Registration Tent, Boat Center, Vasona Park
- NOTE: GOTR/H&S Participants will receive their bibs from their coaches and do NOT need to come to bib pick-up.
Can I pick up a bib for someone else?
- Yes, you may and no ID is required. It is always helpful to have a copy of the registration confirmation email, though.
I registered to run, but can no longer run. Can I get a refund? Can I transfer my entry to someone else?
- There are no refunds for 5K registrations. Transfers will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Contact Race Director, Laura Krebs, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online registration is closed. Can I still register to run?
- Yes! You can register in person at Bib Pick Up on Thursday, May 18th at Sports Basement (12:00 pm-8:00 pm) OR on the day of the 5K from 6:00 am-7:30 am. Online registration cannot be re-opened once it closes.
Running the 5K...
What time does the 5K begin?
- The 5K begins at 8:00 am. There are 4 waves of starts.
- Wave 1: 8:00 am
- Wave 2: 8:07 am
- Wave 3: 8:14 am
- Wave 4: 8:21 am
How do I know what wave to start in?
- Only GOTR/H&S participants and coaches will be assigned waves, alphabetically by site. If you are a running buddy or communitiy runner, run in the wave your GOTR/H&S participant is in or self-select your wave.
What if I am late for my assigned wave?
- Don't worry! Just start in the next wave. Once Wave 4 has begun, no late starts will be allowed due to safety reasons.
How far is the GOTR/H&S 5K?
- The 5K is a 3.1 mile, loop course in and around Vasona Park. Click HERE for a course map.
Where is the starting line?
- The race will begin on Peppertree Lane in Vasona Park just outside the parking lot of the Boat Center. COURSE MAP
Will water be available on the course?
- Water will be available at the start, finish and approximately halfway through the 5K.
Can I run with a stroller or with my dog?
- Strollers are allowed, but must start at the back of each wave.
- We love dogs, but for safety reasons, dogs are NOT allowed at the 5K venue or on the 5K course.
- Skateboards, in line skates and bikes are also PROHIBITED at the 5K venue and the 5K course
After the 5K...
Will there be food and water at the finish?
- There will be food and water in the finish chute for runners only.
Where should I meet my runner after the race?
- Please arrange an after meeting place with your runner BEFORE the race begins. We recommend your team table if you are there with a GOTR participant.
I cannot find my daughter/son/child/parent. What do I do?
- If you get separated or cannot find your family members, please go to the first aid tent.
Where is the first aid tent?
- It is the first tent in the parking lot of the Boat Center as you enter the venue (Click HERE for map)
Still have questions? Contact Laura Krebs, Race Director, email@example.com